Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Settled, Two To Go



the crystal Mosque in Islamic Civilization Park, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia



















I always believe that every parents must have duties to take care of their children until their final breath. Some people will limit their care to the children upon the marriage of the child. Some will let go their children once the child has been working. Some never bother about their children at all.

I would like to write here that my feelings of love and caring towards my 3 boys were never faded. Alongside with those feelings came the duty to take care of them. I do not know about others, because different parents have their own method of caring their children. Logically, all parents want their children safe, healthy, success in education and carrier and have its own happy family too. But then, how are the parents supposed to do in ensuring bright and good future of their children?

In my opinion, the history is a very good teacher for us to study and apply whatever good examples shown to us. Go back to our history of family, starting with our grand grandfather and/or grandmother, grandfather and/or grandmother, father and/or mother and ourselves. Study their history, their success, compliments and the best of their lives. Recall what are the ingredients of the victory of their lives. How they taught their children and the loved ones. How they create their own family and faced the challenges in their living for survival.

I had applied the same method that my  Allahyarham father taught me. First is Religion, a child of a Muslim must be taught with Islam. Teach them the Principles of Islam, the Principles of Iman and the need to understand the Islamic Principles vested in Qur'an and Hadith. One day one has to apply those principles in its life and obey with the same when he or she has attained the Baligh ( the age where one has to be counted and solely responsible for good or bad things done; for a girl the date where she has got  her first period, and for a boy from the moment he experienced the first ejaculation of sperm in his dream ).  

Force them to pray 5 times a day. The most difficult is the Subuh one (the every morning pray before the sun shines). Teach them to read Qur'an until the end of the same at least once while they are still in primary school. By this age they are presumed to have learned and understood about Fardhu Ain already. Force them to learn Tajwid of Qur'an when they are in secondary school. This is very important because, when they step in into form 3, they have got no ample time save and accept to study for PMR only. They will be very busy every day to study and revising and attending extra classes or tuition.

So, for those who have complied with requirements for Fardhu Ain, Tajwid and other basic religious requirements, they will have a sufficient basic Iman or belief or faith for them to face the challenges awaiting in the true modern life. No matter how bad they have done in their lives, I hope they will realize their mistakes and in the end they will return to their God and pray for forgiveness.And Allah the Merciful will always forgive them. The basic Iman or faith will lead them to find the answer to re-correct or guide them towards the right path in their religion. Finally they will became a good Muslim again.

So, in my further opinion, every Muslim parents must study and recall their own history if they want to see their children are safe and success. Take good lessons from that history and learn bad memoir as a lesson to be avoided by the young ones later on. I feel safe and success in my life when my father practiced what he learned from my grandfather. My father taught me the same way his father taught him. I did the same to my kids, subject to some adjustments to suit the situation and the con-temporariness.

Now, Jimi has been successful in his profession as a Naval Architecture. But, at the same time he is a good Muslim so far and I hope he will be like that forever. I have taught him accordingly in Religious and Moral aspects, the rest are up to him to decide. At present condition, I can only give opinion and a little advice if  I found that he is a little bit away from his right path. At the same time, I have never stop praying for his good , wellness and safety in his lives.

So, Jimi is clear, and I have two more to look after. I have to ensure that they will have better position or at least at the same level with Jimi in their professional lives later on. They also have a good religious background as the shield to face the challenges in this modern World of information. 

I pray that Allah will bless and save my kids all the time and forever.......



No comments:

Post a Comment